A：I’ve had a really bad headache for the past week.
B：That’s not good – you should go to the doctor.
A：I want to write more on my paper, but I don’t know how.
B：First of all, you shouldn’t spend so much time playing games on the computer. You should block daily writing time and join a writing group instead!
A：I had a fight with my Professor. What should I do?
B：Hmm… I think you should call her and tell her you’re sorry.
- When I was younger, I could run a mile in 7 minutes. Now it takes me 20 minutes!
- Yesterday, I couldn’t find my wallet anywhere – but this morning I found it.
- Last year, he couldn’t speak English very well, but now he can.
A：Do you have any ideas for our publicity campaign?
B：Yes, I’ve got a few ideas. I could put advertisements on Facebook and Google. We could also give out pamphlets in our neighborhood. Maybe John could even contact local TV stations.
- Could you please open the window? It’s hot in here.
- Could you turn the music down? Thanks.
- Could you make 10 copies of this report, please?
- If I were the president of my company, I would make a lot of changes.
- If people were more generous, there wouldn’t be so much poverty in the world today.
- She would travel around the world if she had more vacation time.
If I were the president of my company, I’d make a lot of changes.
若想委婉的提出建議，可使用「would you like…」。
以下的例句皆使用would you like來提出委婉的建議：
A：Would you like anything to drink?
B：A soda would be great. Thanks!
A：Would you like to join us for dinner?
B：I’d love to, but I actually have other plans tonight.
A：Would you like to see some pictures from my vacation?
錯誤：You shouldn’t to smoke.
正確：You shouldn’t smoke.
錯誤：We could to order pizza tonight.
正確：We could order pizza tonight.
錯誤：I would to buy a new car if I had the money.
正確：I would buy a new car if I had the money.